Middle management and experts
As people manager, functional manager or coordinator, a large part of your job is to communicate and organize the cooperation between people, across teams or business units. From time to time you are also requested to make a brief, stressful presentation to the top management. You want to gain confidence, prepare faster and make more impact: you want your message to capture attention, be understood and acted upon. You also want to influence and speak in a way that will create engagement even when there is opposition or conflict.
This training has also proven to help significantly those who are requested to share their knowledge and represent their company with presentations in industry fairs and congress, or to talk to the general public in formats such as TED-style 18-minute motivational speech, or short marketing film clips.
Sessions of this programme
Session 1: Develop your non verbal communication
- Build awareness of your image (face, voice, body posture, gestures)
- Understand the social judgments triggered by your non verbal communication
- Discover your best non verbal style and maintain it under mild stress
- Develop your natural authority and sociability in your voice
- Master your behaviour when presenting slides as to capture maximum attention
- Entering and leaving the stage, interacting with other speakers and audience
Session 2: Develop and express social intelligence
- Social creativity exercise: verbalize the likely reactions of the audience, talk from various points of view, defuse potential oppositions
- Develop your speaking techniques (question form, repetitions, …)
- Techniques to engage your audience from the first sentence
Session 3 : Include persuasion techniques in your talk
- Dealing with expectations, emotions and give a meaning to the events the audience face
- Practice 8 efficient persuasion techniques
Session 4: Find, develop and use work experience to increase engagement and memorization
- Creating short stories
- Gripping, shorter stories
- Linking stories to your topic with explicit cues
- Using stories to illustrate values and meaning of working life
Option 1: 4 sessions of 3h30’ with one trainer
- Optional re-enforcement session: 1 session of 3h30’ with one trainer
Option 2: 4 sessions of 3h30’ with two trainers
- Optional re-enforcement session: 1 session of 3h30’ with two trainers
Option 2 gives the real advantage to offer more personalized advises, more support during the exercises, more changes and dynamics in the rhythm of the sessions. Most clients mention the complementarity and interactions of the two trainers as a key asset of the Leadercom method.
On-site, maximum 8 trainees. The support material (workbooks, USB keys with your videos, beamer, camera, sound equipment) and transportation costs in Brussels are included.
Successful negotiation – Talking to the media – Workload, stress, conflict : efficient solutions